As we weave our way through life, there are times that are harder to endure than others. When you encounter these challenges, you deserve someone by your side. My approach is nonjudgmental and deeply compassionate. I respect the ways your body, nervous system, narratives, and emotional life have made sense of the world and your place in it. I listen, explore, question, and support you in reconnecting with yourself, your wisdom, and joy.
About Laurie Ganberg, LICSW, PMH-C
I am a licensed independent clinical social worker (LICSW) and Washington State approved supervisor with expertise in working with adults of all genders around life transitions related to pregnancy, childbirth, and parenthood, including postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety and other perinatal mood and anxiety disorders; body image and disordered eating; and trauma.
I have a Seattle office where I offer psychotherapy, supervision and consultation; I also offer online services and groups using HIPAA-compliant, secure Zoom video sessions. Clients for therapy and supervision must be in Washington state, but I can provide online consultation anywhere in the United States.
Therapy, Supervision, Groups & Consultation Updates - Fall 2023
- I am offering a new workshop for parents about raising children who are resilient to weight stigma in September.
- The next date for the Fat Parent Group is September 13 from 4-5:15pm.
- Supervision groups are starting in September! Register here.
- I have availability for short-term or one-off consultations for therapists interested in perinatal mental health, HAES, weight stigma or working with clients from a fat liberation perspective.
- I am co-facilitating a Loss Support Group for folks of all genders who've experienced pregnancy or infant loss.
When we were children, we used to think that when we were grown-up we would no longer be vulnerable. But to grow up is to accept vulnerability...To be alive is to be vulnerable.
- Madeleine L'Engle
Pregnancy & Postpartum Mental Health & Emotional Wellness
Baby blues, postpartum depression, postpartum anxiety, perinatal emotional complications, perinatal mood and anxiety disorders, postpartum psychosis, OCD, PMADs, attachment...what does it all mean? Read more about my specialization in perinatal mental health.